Somehow we are half way through the year already, so I thought I’d make my top 10 list so far, including LP’s and EP’s, these are my favorite album releases so far, with a song lyric that I feel justifies my selection (or that I just really like). This is only January through June, so if something is coming out after June, it didn’t make my list, even if I’ve already heard it and it’s amazing.
10. Tobymac – Dubbed & Freq’d: “We wanna rise / We wanna touch the other side / It starts tonight! / We wanna soar / We wanna reach right out for more / Cause it starts tonight!”
9. Thousand Foot Krutch – The End Is Where We Begin: Wait, it’s just about to break / its more than I can take / Everything’s about to change / I feel it in my veins, its not going away / Everything’s about to change,
8. Lecrae – Church Clothes: “Bookstore pimpin’ them hope books / Like God don’t know how broke looks / And telling me that I’m gon’ reap a meal / If I sow into these low crooks”
7. MxPx – Plans Within Plans: “I sat there in silence / All those memories crossed my mind / I love life now / But those were the best of times”
6.The Fray – Scars & Stories: “If you forget the way to go / And lose where you came from / If no one is standing beside you / Be still and know I am”
5. Sent By Ravens – Mean What You Say: “I Don’t, Need To / Hurt With My Hands. / I could, Find some value / Destroy It With My Mouth / Hey, Could You Ever Love Again? / I Regret The Things I Said / Hey, Could You Ever Love Again?”
4. Trip Lee – The Good Life: “I am not your robot, I am not a clone / You are not my puppeteer and I am not a drone / Got a new master and I follow Him alone / I want a good life till I’m gone”
3. Ruth – Payola: “Cus man / you’ve changed / I really , really hate to say it but I like the old you so much better.”
2. Children 18:3 – On The Run: “Born free is a criminal lie / Hold your breath and look the other way / Giving in to a chemical fixer / Raise the glass and swallow the pain / Never to blame, never to blame, shove it and walk away”
1. Write This Down – Lost Weekend: “Judging by the look on your face / You don’t get it / Like every word I said was abandoned grace / Staring at me like you’re amazed / My bad habits are holding me up and away from you”
What’s Your Favorite album of the year so far? Answer with a tweet!