Released July 24th 2012
Reviewed By Tyler Hess
The latest offering out of the International House of Prayer of Kansas City gathering of artists that go by the name of onething has been released via the live collection of tracks titled Magnificent Obsession.
With a different artist leading nearly every song on the live album, you might wonder if there would be any semblance of uniformity, but there is a surprising cohesion of music. Rather than going with a big sound like you might find with a giant worship band like Hillsong, instead you get more earthy, reserved tones generally accompanied by a single guitar or keys.
The production on onething’s newest live album may not be as grand as you might see with the more well known worship collectives, but the simplicity you hear might be more of a draw to you if twenty people on stage feels like overkill to you.
- Worthy of It All (feat. David Brymer)
- All Is for Your Glory (Extended Version) (feat. Cory Asbury)
- Wounded One (feat. Davy Flowers)
- Storm All Around You (feat. Jon Thurlow)
- Be Exalted (feat. Luke Wood)
- Measure of a Man (feat. Misty Edwards & David Brymer)
- All Men Are Broken (feat. Misty Edwards)
- It’s My Joy to Love (feat. Sarah Edwards)
- New Jerusalem (feat. Matt Gilman)
- There Is One Found Worthy (feat. Justin Rizzo)
- Eyes to See (feat. Zach Simms)
- There Is Only One (feat. Brandon Hampton & Misty Edwards)
- Never Gonna Leave Me Dry (Digital Only) (feat. Cory Asbury)